Tuesday 24 October 2017

Markets and Bazaars

 The week-end was manic! Tuk-tuks, motorbikes and pedestrians wandering everywhere. the constant honking of the horns, it is lively and colourful.  The children all speak and want their photographs taken. I have never had my photograph taken as many times as I have since I have been here. I am in so many selfies with the ladies and a lot of young men! 
 It is an amazing place and there is definitely an 'Indian time'. When they are ready! I'm loving it.
We have been out doing street photography and up to the Merhrangarh Fort which is huge and is on the hotel doorstep. 

A view of the 'blue city from top of fort


The musicians were helping everyone on their way up the steep climb!
I went up to the fort in tuk tuk its a very steep climb to get to it.  Coming down was the most hair raising ride I have ever had I think.  It was so busy and the road was almost gridlocked. My driver was amazing he swerved in and out of the traffic. It felt like being on a roller coaster. I think there are no laws on these roads!. After that I sat in my now local coffee shop the 'Cafe Royale' fabulous coffee but it posh it aint.  I have had my lunch there most days as I can get grilled cheese/tomato toasties!  I am playing very safe. I can't eat spicy food anyway.  I said shop but it isn't, it has room for one table and three chairs inside and various chairs (about 6) outside which is in the middle of a market.  
I whiled away a couple of hours people watching and taking photographs of the market.
The hat seller

The market barber asking Mark for 1 rupee because we took photographs

Three on a motor bike sometimes 5

Making pots



 The man next to me reading his local rag


And baby came too


The Cafe Royale



My local coffee shop

No comments:

Post a Comment