Thursday 19 October 2017

The next Adventure-Its Dwali!



When I booked my trip to India way back in June I had no idea that I would be there when it was  Dwali. I deliberately booked it for a few days previous to my photography course starting as there are places I want to see that are not in the agenda. So........after a long journey I arrived this afternoon. My worries about having to change planes and pick up my luggage in Delhi and then catch the flight to Jodphur within 2 hours were compounded when I saw the queues at the e-visa security check in. It took 45mins to get through that. Then I had to pick my luggage up and go through check in and security (full body search in a cubicle!) . This was a bit of a nightmare. I put my luggage on conveyor and it disappeared through the curtain. My boarding pass was in my handbag. Then I got sent further down to a women only gate where the man wanted my boarding pass.  Well..long story short I ended up going back through the mens gate (which bleeped)and getting my boarding pass out of my handbag. Went back to ladies gate and got searched. Bags still waiting at other conveyor and when I went to retrieve them they emptied my case with two cameras and numerous bits of electrical gadgets and put it all through the scanner again.  Then because my laptop was in my bag they took that out and put that through again, then sent me on my way.  Of course my gate was about the furthest away but it was OK I had 10 minutes to spare!




My ride from the airport to my hotel was amazing. Because of all the crowds in the city the car could only go so far and the hotel manager who picked me up left the car just outside the old city and phoned for a tuk tuk.  I tried to take photographs but it was so manic and the roads so bumpy I didn't get many. Top...shoeshine boy. Lucky to get that one. The other is of two lady mechanics I think!





My hotel from the outside and the inside in the old part of the city.  It sounds as if the city is under seige...its not but the fireworks are so loud they sound like bombs...I have brought ear plugs with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment