Tuesday 19 August 2014

Back to sangria and grizzlies



Decided to post that quickly as server is behaving!

Gas town is next to Chinatown so I figured it would be easy to walk.  I came across a market selling second hand goods which drew me in but I really didn't want a full set of sailing gear that someone was trying to push onto me and. .. it was very crowded and I was beginning to feel very uncomfortable so quickly made off down the road and 100 yards on it was beautiful. 

Gotta be a cappuccino stop, only got a small cup of china tea in the museum which I didn't like. Asked for a little cinnamon on top and it arrived with cinnamon sticks to stir!  So many things in this country make me smile, I just love it, but then I knew I would. 
I was looking for the steam clock in gas town but walked straight past it. I was expecting a big notice or something but there it was just sitting on a street corner. I suppose people standing taking photos should have told me something.





Joining up for lunch we decided we had both had a very busy morning and should relax somewhere nice.  Food ordered.. Yes we would like a drink so this is what appeared.....



The size of a large beer glass she said.. We are such innocents at this game!   It turned out to be nearly a litre and a half.  Well as we staggered out the restaurant we decided we would hop on the ferry and go over to North Vancouver to see the Capilano suspension bridge.  Can you imagine, on the water and then walking over a swinging suspension bridge after drinking about 4glasses of sangria each.
Well we didn't we went to Grouse mountain instead . So can you imagine going 225feet up in a cable car, too much drink and petrified. The guy thought he was being funny when he assured me we were only 20 feet off the ground... Yes but a hell of a long roll down. However, coming down was fast and fabulous.   Meanwhile up there was also fabulous. We got to see two male grizzlies. They had been hiding In the wood for ages so they said but decided to come out when we arrived. They are huge and amazing. One decided to walk around underneath us and the other went in the water and kept us amused playing with a piece of wood.


So that's the sangria and grizzlies!

2 comments:

  1. Wow those photos of the grizzly bears are amazing! How lucky to see them! Carly

    ReplyDelete
  2. You lucky lady to see those bears, or maybe even see anything after that jug of deliciousness .

    ReplyDelete