Thursday 21 August 2014

No milk? What a shame.

Well enough for one! I'm a very kind person and insisted that Janice have it for her bran!  So.... Here I am back in Willy's for breakfast. Missed yesterday because I am sure I am going to be a stone heavier by the time I get home if I'm not careful!  I have just ordered short stack (2 ) pancakes with banana topping and maple bacon on the side.  Only two? Yes but I'm sure they will fill a large plate 
I do love eating out for breakfast and this place is just wonderful.  If flowers sooth your soul this is the place to come. As I look out the window (bit chilly this morning so sitting inside) I am looking at two huge hanging baskets on the lamp posts. They are all the way up the street. Shops have troughs outside also. 
It's our last day on the island and not sure what we will be doing. Janice is planning to cycle again I think, so I am undecided whether to do a whale watch or have a ride on a seaplane. 


30 mins later

I was right. Two huge pancakes 1/2" thick. A whole banana on top with two rashers of maple bacon.  I had to leave one of them although very fluffy and delicious. The waitress has just offered to package it up for me!! Said yes, I will give it to Janice.... Lol

Yesterday we walked quite a lot. Walked right around the harbour to Fishermans Wharf where there are floating homes!

These cost $600,000 +... all sizes but even the largest are not huge. Sat having our picnic lunch watching two seals coming up to be fed.
 


Just had to ride the hippos...a city tour and trip round the harbour.  Although you know they revert to a boat it's a strange feeling when you enter the water.

Evening was spent in China town where there was a local market but it seemed to be mostly Canadians selling their wares rather than the Chinese. Our meal there was Ok but expensive, but it is more expensive to eat here than in England.


She was enjoying her calamari on a stick anyway!


No comments:

Post a Comment