Sunday 24 August 2014

Here I am at the airport!




Arrived early for my bus to Seattle so just consumed a maple pecan Danish! Oh dear.
Yesterday Janice disappeared into the great blue yonder and I was left wondering what to do with myself. Finally decided I would go to Capilano and walk the suspension bridge. So on the 100 bus I got that took me to the Canada line train into downtown. Off the train straight onto the sea bus over to North Vancouver. The 236 bus was waiting for me and 20 min ride up into the mountains.  All this on one $2.75 ticket!
Capilano is brilliant and studying the map I realised I had to go over the bridge to get to everything else. So off I went, stepped on it ok so far, swaying quite a bit but how I wish they drove on the left hand side because every time I had to grab the rope the pain in my arm was excruciating and I got a quarter way across and had to come back. Of course had to hold on with the arm again.  I was so disappointed . 

 


So back to the shops and I went on a history tour which was excellent. It covered some of the history of the Squarmish Indians and there were lots of totem poles. Everyone seems to have two jobs. My guide was also in the hillbilly type band in between his tours. The band was excellent.


That's him on the left!  Lots of history to the park. The park has had four owners.. The first built the bridge over the canyon because he could  see all the bears and elk etc on the other side and wanted to hunt.  He was an engineer and so designed the bridge.  It was secured to buried tree trunks! It's now owned by the daughter of the last owner and she has brought it into the 21st. Century. Lots to do over the other side! I managed to spend four hours there anyway.
So before I started home I had a moose trail ice cream in a waffle wafer. This was lovely ice cream with choc sauce, also big pieces of chocolate with peanut butter in the middle.  De...licious

On the bus back I was still feeling disappointed so decided to treat myself to this!


By this time it was 6 pm and all they had left was the sunset trip over North Vancouver. Well the take off was different, bumpy over the water and we were squashed (14 of us)  not much leg room, but it didn't matter!

It was totally amazing and I'm so glad I did it. We went up over North Vancouver over Stanley park and the city and then out over the sea by West Vancouver.


Although it was still light the sun was looking beautiful.
A nice man took this for me!









No comments:

Post a Comment