Monday 8 September 2014

Chicago rocks part2 !

I decided I couldn't be bothered with buses and would walk home and I'm so glad I did. It seemed there was something interesting around every corner.




 These trains always remind me of ER

No idea what this is but I like it!

 

 These people were in Daly Centre by City Hall and were having a Protest/celebration about a green issues march from Los Angeles to New York. There was much singing and dancing.

Even the grannies were there!




These were having a great time skate boarding and acrobating.



Graffiti.....wish I could draw like that.


 
Another art work. Thought it was a MacDonalds place when I first saw just the top of it.! There are random pieces like this all over the city.


I really thought I was going to be in a police chase advert.  I saw a whole bunch of people gathered around a van in one corner and on the other was a police car with two officers standing by it. I crossed over and asked a young woman what was happening and she told me it was a police car chase advert but I couldn't watch it from that corner. Of course I didn't move and she said you gotta move down ma'am . So I went a few more steps and she kept saying move further down ma'am. Then I saw the van with a camera on the back so reckoned I would see if I stood in a garage further down the street.  Well what a let down, a car came down the road, turned round and drove towards the camera at about 20 miles an hour and then the police car came and was doing about 30 and stopped when it got to the camera. That was it!   Not even a squeal of brakes. So I went and had a Starbucks.



There is something about these fire escapes! 












1 comment:

  1. You really don't want to see a police chase - very scary! We did see police on those Segway bikes which was quite amusing

    ReplyDelete