Thursday 4 September 2014

The new relatives!

As I'm writing this I am sitting in the hotel restaurant having just had breakfast and enjoying my coffee. Also trying to plan my day. I have had two brilliant days with the new found cousins and we have been out and about so I haven't seen the city properly. It's going to be a busy day I think.
On Tuesday I must admit to being a bit nervous. DeLene was meeting me in the hotel lobby at 9. Would we recognise each other? By 9.20 I was wondering if I had got the time wrong and went back to my room to check the last email I had had.  
When I came back down there she was at the desk. I recognised her immediately and after a hug 
I was whisked off with her and husband Jay. They had driven 50 miles into the city and had hit bad traffic.
DeLene and Jay and all the family members in Salt Lake Valley are of the Morman faith. This was going to be a very educational and interesting few days for me! DeLene is my third cousin,so I'm told by third cousin Barbara in Australia.  Anyway, as Renee, another third cousin said it doesn't matter we are family! How great is that.
So out of busy SLC and down the motorway to Ogden. Ogden is where a new Morman Temple has just been refurbished and has its open days until Friday. On the open days anyone can go and have a look. After Friday it will be dedicated and only Mormans of 'standing' will be allowed to enter. 


The building is so huge I would have had to go way over the road to get it all in.


This is the entrance to the tabernacle where we had an introductory film. Again this was a very large building with many rooms and an auditorium that held about 500. Meetings, concerts etc are held there.   
The outside of the church had also been refurbished with a gold statue of Moroni on top. All the new temples have this now.
We were taken over to the church and shoe covers were put on us by young people sitting in rows outside the church



No comments:

Post a Comment